Watch Aaron in the film Holy Wars

Monday, July 31, 2006

Divine Foreknowledge

Something rather interesting happened here in San Bernardo yesterday where I preached to hundreds of people in the local Assembly of God Church. While we were talking with our interpreter yesterday several hours before I preached, I told the young woman that I would be preaching on the story of the prodigal son, which is one of my more popular messages( see Luke 15). When I told her that, her face lit up with a big smile. She told me that this was her first time interpreting for a preacher and that she was very nervous, but the day before she asked the Lord what I would be preaching and the Lord told her that I would be preaching on the prodigal son. She said that she had spent several hours the day before studying the story to prepare herself for the message. My did that give me confidence! Last night, when I preached the message, several people came forward to receive Christ. Many people were crying tears of repentance, including the interpreter's cousin for whom she had been praying a long time. God used her diligence to win her cousing to Christ! Experiences like these humble me as a preacher. I am nothing more than a pawn in the master's hands in the great chess match for souls.

No comments: