Watch Aaron in the film Holy Wars

Friday, February 23, 2007

Jim Carrey and Jesus

Now that I have been blogging a while, I feel it is time to reveal one of my deepest, darkest secrets. Are you ready? It's a shocker. I wake up very morning to Quaker Oatmeal (I'm trying to lower my cholesterol) and Al, Matt, and Meredith from the Today Show. There now. That wasn't so difficult. Now that I got that off my chest and you know my morning routine, which includes unloading spiritual wisdom on my worldwide readership of 4 or 5 (thank you Pete and Toby for sticking in there with me, when this blog wins a Pulitzer, you'll be glad you did), I may now proceed to the point of this post.

On the Today Show, Meredith was interviewing Jim Carrey about his new movie 23. As always, Jim Carrey was hilarious, just as I expected him to be. What interested me was when he shared about how before he made it big in Hollywood, he actually walked to the Hollywood mountain and wrote himself a check for $10 million dollars. This, of course, was before he was famous and probably only had a few dollars in his checking account. Five years later, he received his first 10 million dollar check.

Now let's look at the words of Jesus and see if we can find any similariies.

For assuredly I say to you, whoever says to this mountain, 'Be removed and be cast into the sea,' and does not doubt in his heart, but believes that those things he says will be done, he will have whatever he says.

Very interesting indeed.

No comments: