Watch Aaron in the film Holy Wars

Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Salvation-a great deal!

I must admit that I don't think along the lines of what I am about to write nearly enough. It's very easy for me to get bogged down with the details of life, the rotten state of the world, and an incessant disappointment with my own failures and shortcomings. What isn't easy is to remind myself how good I actually have it. I'm not talking about the typical Thanksgiving "I thank God for my friends, my family, my big screened T.V. and Taco Bell." (Ok, so I don't actually have a big screened T.V. but I think you get the point) I'm talking about a genuine thankfulness for my salvation.

How often do we think about how good we have it with Jesus? How often do we think about just how good is the good news?

Here is the deal that Jesus offers us:

I'll take your pain, your guilt, and your shame and you can have My healing, my righteousness, and my glory.

Where in the world can you get a deal like that?

Why would anyone in their right minds want to pass this up?

Is it perhaps because it seems to good to be true?

No comments: