Watch Aaron in the film Holy Wars

Thursday, January 03, 2008

What the TV advertisers think of me

Last week I was having trouble sleeping on a Friday night. So, at about 12:30 a.m. I turned on the T.V. and happened to catch a few minutes of an episode of Friends. To my utter amazement I saw an advertiement for a gay dating service in St. Louis. The thought suddenly struck me....why do the advertisers think I'm gay just because I'm watching Friends late on a Friday night?

The following Monday I was doing my exercises in my living room and I noticed how many advertisements there were targeting senior citizens on medicare. Apparently, the advertisers also believe I am an old man.

Put it together and, according to the advertisers, I'm an elderly gay man in desperate need of a scooter.

In actuality, I'm a physically active 29 year old married man with occasional insomnia.

The next time you turn on the T.V. ask yourself who the advertisers think you are. The exercise can be fun....and a bit disturbing.

No comments: