Watch Aaron in the film Holy Wars

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Scary dream--could this really happen?

I just woke up from a dream. It was so frightening, I had to write it down.

I dreamt that I was watching President Barack Obama and former President Bill Clinton. They were surrounded by the secret service and all of the high up officials in the U.S. government. Probably a few cabinet members. I heard semi-automatic gun shots. I could see Bill Clinton and the others ducking for cover. It looked like Bill Clinton was a specific target. More gun shots. More ducking for cover. Then I saw President Obama attempt to give a press conference to reassure the nation that he and the officials with him were okay.

Boom!

A bomb goes off where the two presidents and the officials are standing. Both are unharmed but in the crowd of a hundred or so surrounding them, it was implied that some were killed.

By this time, I'm thinking that the nation is under a terrorist attack, probably perpetrated by Islamic extremists.

I look to the left and I see a massive crowd of people as far as the eye could see.

All white men.

All carrying Christian flags and bayonets.

All charging the White House.

I wake up.

I have no idea why I had this dream. I've never thought that the violent revolution strain in some of the tea party rhetoric is very realistic. Neither have I been concerned about radical reconstructionists (Christians that want to implement the law of Moses) taking over.

So why the dream?

Could it really happen?

No comments: