Watch Aaron in the film Holy Wars

Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Unanimously Lost

My wife and I had some friends over for dinner the other day who asked us if we had watched the premier of the new show "Unanimous." Although I have not watched it, I had seen the commercial showing a group of people locked in a creepy basement office fighting over who gets the 1.5 million dollars. I find it a little humorous that this amount is just a half a million dollars more than what Mike Meyer's "Dr. Evil" character is willing to kill millions of people over in the Austin Powers movies.

It's a sad day in our society when people are willing to lie, cheat, and degrade themselves in front of millions of people for an amount of money that nearly all can achieve (at least over a life time) through hard work, savings, and sound investing. Since our society has rejected Christ as the meaning of life, we have easily accepted materialism as a substitute. I even saw on the commercial a guy saying that his strategy to win the 1.5 million dollars was to lie and tell everyone he had testicular cancer. It reminds me of the words of Jesus when He said "What shall it profit a man if he gains the whole world, yet loses his soul?" Apparently, some are willing to take the bargain.

No comments: