Watch Aaron in the film Holy Wars

Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Releasing my inner sissy

Picture this. I am 11 years old. I go to a small private Christian school that threw parties for sixth grade graduations at the time. I am in a limo with my 11 classmates and the girl that I had liked for three years was in the arms of another man(At least that is how it felt at that time, in reality all 11 year olds are kids, but I didn't know that at the time) What did I do? Yep. You guessed it. I let out my inner sissy and balled like a baby. It was the most embarrassing experience of my life. Here is the even more embarrassing part. Another girl in the class felt sorry for me and decided to "go out" with me. It wasn't until several weeks later that I realized our relationship was a sham. Come to think of it, that was a really nice gesture on her part.

Why am I telling this to you? Well, apparently, confession is the "in" thing right now. All over the country, people are sharing their embarrassing stories through websites, blogs,coffee-houses, and various other venues. I've seen it on the Today Show and read about it in Newsweek. Everyone is telling their secrets. The question is-why?

Well, I can tell you one reason-it's Biblical. The Bible says that Christians should, "Bear one another's burdens and so fulfill the law of Christ." It seems that the secular world is catching up to what the Bible has been saying all along. We live in an age where people say, "I'm a spiritual person, but I don't believe in institutional religion." My response is -why not? None of us were created for isolation and all of us need to have people around us who love us and will not judge us for who we are and what we have done. If the Church really is an institution of redeemed sinners, what better place could there be to bare your soul? At least, that is how things should be. Let's give the world a run for its money. Confession time!

1 comment:

prophet cuffy said...

Touch not my anointing and do or say no harm to my servants my prophets."hear ye oh Israel,the Lord thy God is one,belive in his words so shall you be established,belive in his prophets and you shall prosper".every comments I read are true However as a PROPHET OF GOD i NEED FOR EVERYONE TO UNDERSTAND THAT WE HAVE ALL SINNED AND WE ALL STILL DO SIN. AS JONAH DISOBEYED,AND BALAAM HAD GREED YOU MIGHT HAVE UNFORGIVENESS IN YORR HEARTS WHILE YOU ARE PREACHING A MESSAGE OR FILLED WITH LOSS AFTER ANOTHER MANS WIF WHILE ON THE PULPIT AND IF THE PURE ELOHIM HAD TO JUDGE US PRIOR TO OUR MESSAGES OR SERMONETS WE WOULD ALL LOOSE OUR SOULS AND BECOME AS SATAN NOT LUCIFER. DAVID A MAN AFTER GOD'S HEART A PROPHET KING AND PRIEST SINNED AGAINST GOD AND HIS FELLOW SOILDIER AS KING HE WAS SUPPOSE TO DIE WHEN HE RESPONDED TO THE PROPHET NATHAN ,"THE MAN WHO DID THIS EVIL SHOULD BE PUT TO DEATH, THE PROPHET RESPONDED THOU ART THE MAN". ARE YOU THAT MAN WHO IS TRYING TO CONDEMED YOUR FELLOW BROTHER BY CALLING HIM FALSE? DO YOU CONSIDER YOURSELF AS BEEING FALSE WITH SIN IN YOUR HEART ON THE PULPIT? JESUS SAID TO THE WOMAN WHERE ARE YOUR ACCUSERS THEY WERE ALL GONE. nOW I'M NOT JUSTFYING WRONG, WRONG REMAIN WRONG BUT MANY OF US ARE IN THE SAME BOAT, THE PROPHET PETER SAID LORD I WOLL NEVER DENY YOU JESUS WHO KNOWS THE HEART OF BAALAM,JONAH,JUDAS DAVID,PRTER YOURS AND MINES SAID BEFORE THE RUSTER CROWS YOU WILL DENY ME THRICE WOH! I CHARGE EVERYONE OF US TO REPENT NOW AS I SPEAK FOR THE RIGHTOUS GOD KNOWS OUR HEARTS AND PRAY FOR OUR BROTHERS WEAKNESS SO THEY CAN BE SOME SOURCE OF STRENGTH TO THE BODY. GOD BLESS OUR SOUL ON THIS BRIGHT CHRISTMAS DAY,LET'S TURN TO THE ONLY PREFECT MESSIAH JESUS THE CHRIST .