Watch Aaron in the film Holy Wars

Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Skinhead philosophy

I was watching Primetime last week and they were showing how white supremacists went to southern Mississippi last year to bring aid to the victims of Hurricane Katrina. At first glance, it seemed like a nice gesture. There was only one little problem. They were only offering food and clothes to white people! I was pleasantly surprised to find out that not a single person accepted their offer. The people were repulsed by such overt racism. This is excellent news because 50 -80 years ago this same part of the country was known for lynching black people for no other reason than the color of their skin. I was glad to see that things have changed since then.

As I was taking my walk yesterday I began to think about the incident further (most of my philosophizing is done while I am doing my power walk, but you probably didn't want to know that, there I go again revealing my secrets). First, I began to think to myself. Why was the act so repulsive? At least they were trying to help some people. Then I began to think to myself "what if God was like that?" What if God for mysterious reasons known only to Himself decided that He only loved some of humanity and not all?. Just like the skinheads only giving aid to white people, what if God decided that He was only interested in helping some people by saving them from their sins and not all?

Thankfully, I don't have to speculate any further on this question. The Bible says about Jesus Christ, "He Himself is the propitiation for our sins, and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world" (I John 2:2). Is there any part of this that is unclear? If "God is love" (I John 4:8)as the Bible says, then love is who He is. That means that He loves everybody and wants everybody to be saved. That is why Jesus "tasted death for every man" (Hebrews 2:9). I am glad I can confidently say that God loves everybody, not just some people. Although in the end there will be some who will refuse His love and suffer the eternal consequences, God's heart is open to everybody. I am glad about this. Skinhead philosophy will one day be extinct, God's love will not.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How fucking ignorant are you? Your god is dead.

Anonymous said...

God is true but man has sought out many devices.