Watch Aaron in the film Holy Wars

Friday, December 29, 2006

Adding to the Gospel

Sorry my blogging has been sparse lately. I've been in Orlando with my inlaws. Here is a post I wrote on Aug. 20th 2006


I would like to give my readers a little pop quiz. What must a person believe to be a Christian? This is a multiple choice quiz.

A. The universe is less than 10,000 years old.
B. You must tithe off your gross income, not your net income.
C. Women are created to be subjugated to men.
D. Global warming is a left-wing conspiracy.
E. God wants the Gaza Strip, the West Bank, and the Golan Heights to be annexed to the State of Israel and all remaining peoples to be either driven out or in subjugation to the Jewish people.
F. Everyone in the Western Hemisphere who lived and died before 1492 will be in hell for eternity.
G. God tortures people endlessly in literal flames.
H. God was in Christ reconciling the world to Himself.

Only one of these statements is the correct answer. Can you guess which one? Everything else, if made compulsory to become a Christian, is adding to the gospel. Is it any wonder why the world doesn't want to hear our "good news?"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've been told that I don't believe the Bible because I have disagreed with some of your choices before. Funny memories. It's amazing what people will convince themselves to believe when prooftexting!
Pete