Watch Aaron in the film Holy Wars

Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Golfing in the Night

The strangest thing happened last night. I was driving golf balls in my back yard (why I wasn't at a golf course, I don't know) going merrily along my way when all of a sudden a police car showed up. Out of the door stepped some neighbors I have never met who wanted to give me a piece of their mind. Apparently, as I was driving golfballs, I was unknowingly hitting their property every time, crashing into their windows, and damaging their property. Next to them was a lawyer, a woman who looked to be about in her 40's. Between the three of them, (the husband, the wife, and the lawyer) they were discussing how much to sue me for. The bid started out at $30,000, but then the lawyer suggested they could get a hundred times more than that. As I raised my voice with the objection that having to fork out all that money would ruin my life, the three acted like I wasn't there and continued to raise the amount.

And then I woke up. I'm not sure why I've been having these types of dreams lately, but it seems that nearly every night I face a crisis and then wake up relieved. Perhaps that is a good start to the day-the sense of relief knowing that you are not being sued for tens of thousands of dollars. Maybe mundane isn't so bad after all.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your neighbors must have some SWEET windows!

Kingdom Shifts said...

You had me going there Aaron...I really thought the story was for real. Whoooo...now I'm relieved too. I can see it now in the headlines: Golfing Evangelist In Jail for Destruction of Neighbor's Property!

Also, you should check out Naked Pastor's blog. It is quite controversial and I think there are a lot of marginalized people checking it out who need to hear the gospel. I think you would be perfect for some of them. There is a link on my blog if you want to check it out. Again, the discussions are intense with a TON of people. They need an evangelist!

I hope to connect with you soon. We are in the process of raising up a financial partnership team and I will be doing a lot of ministering across the state of Virginia on the campuses. I'm pumped!