Watch Aaron in the film Holy Wars

Monday, June 25, 2007

Random thoughts

1. Rhiannon and I drove to Chicago today. When we were forced to detour, there were no signs to direct us where to go. After a few turns, we thought we were lost but discovered that we were right where we should be. I wonder if there is a spiritual lesson in that?

2.Psalm 94:19 says, "In the multitude of my anxieties within me, your comforts delight my soul." I've never heard this verse quoted before. I think it interesting that a person can be anxious and comforted at the same time. That's good news.

3. Psalm 103:6 says, "The Lord executes justice for all who are oppressed." Watch City of Joy with Patrick Swayze and you will have a decent understanding of this verse.

4. I wish Jo Frost from Supernanny wasn't British. She'd make a great U.S. president.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

1. I'm pretty sure that life is a spiritual lesson so if it falls into the category of something that happened during life than my answer is yes.
2. Yeah, that's one of those verses that leaves you saying, "ummm...yeah okay God"
3.Matt 25:30b says "There will be weeping and gnashing of teeth". Watch any movie with Patrick Swayze and you will have a decent understanding of this.
4. I wish George Bush wasn't hated by half of America. He would make a great president too.
Sorry, mockery is the game of the day,
Pete

Aaron D. Taylor said...

On the weeping and gnashing of teeth comment, good one Pete.

On the Supernanny comment, I wasn't thinking it as a slight against the current president, but as a social commentary on the American people. We are the children who whine and scream when we don't get our way...hence our need for Supernanny.

Anonymous said...

I agree with your Super Nanny assessment. I was just pointing out that no matter if we have a good president or not, they will never be good enough in the eyes of most Americans.
Pete