Watch Aaron in the film Holy Wars

Thursday, July 27, 2006

Beautiful Brazilian colors

One thing I forgot to mention in my last post about Brazilian culture is the degree of racial integration. Here you do not see black neighborhoods and white neighborhoods or black churches and white churches. They are all integrated in the Church and in society. Black people, white people, and the indigenous tribes inter-marry very easily here without the social stigma that we have in America. This has produced ,in my opinion, a very good looking people of all different shades of color. Not to say that there is not racism here. There is a slight problem with prejudice here as some of the pastors and other Christians have told me. But it is not near the problem that we have in America. I think our society in America could learn a thing or two from our far away southern neighbors on this issue. It seems that Martin Luther King's dream has largely come true-at least in Brazil.

No comments: