Watch Aaron in the film Holy Wars

Sunday, July 23, 2006

On TV in Brazil

This morning, after a powerful meeting last night in a town called Alegre, Rhiannon and I traveled to the town of Cachueiro. About an hour and a half after we arrived at our hotel, I got a call from my interpreter that I was supposed to go to the local TV station to invite people to come to the meeting tonight. We were watching the movie "Little Rascals" at the time and I was in my shorts and a T-shirt. I told them I had to get dressed for the occasion first. About 20 minutes later, I was doing an interview at the TV station.

Later on that day, I asked how many people he thought had watched the program and he told me the manager told him that approximately 1 million people watch that program! Whether that is true or not, I don't know. But it was a Sunday morning and the program was broadcast live throughout the entire state of Espirito Santo. Imagine waking up one morning and someone telling you that you will be on the 700 Club in 20 minutes. That is about what it was like. I guess the Bible means what it says when it says to "Be ready in season and out of season."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

PRAISE GOD...Praying for your meeting tonight and expecting God to move in great power in and through you.