Watch Aaron in the film Holy Wars

Monday, April 02, 2007

Scattered thoughts

For those of you who would like a snap-shot into the mind of Aaron Taylor, here are a few thoughts I have been working on lately. Feel free to comment on any or all of them.

1. Anthony is vindicated! Last week Rocky, the bully who taunted Anthony for being a girl and not standing up for himself, was blind sighted when the tribe voted him off. The main reason was that he was overly critical and difficult to get along with.

2. When I was a kid, I used to want to act in movies. I've discovered that making films is actually very boring. Last week, during the filming for Holy Wars, a feature length documentary in which I am one of two main characters, the director was filming me doing my daily routine (like walking the neighborhood) and we had to do several takes. It was very tedious. I told him I thought that making movies was actually pretty boring. He said that most of the time, the actors sit around for hours in their trailers waiting for the directors to call on them. I saw Kevin Spacey on the Today Show today and he said the same thing, that making movies is boring. I think that fantasy often becomes a bore when it meets with reality.

3. Flushed Away is one of the funniest cartoons of the year. Loved the singing slugs.

4. Blood Diamond was excellent, though not free from controversy. Perhaps the most significant theme of the movie was not the blood diamond issue (which is still an issue, but not to the degree that it was 8 years ago), but the use of child soldiers in guerilla conflict. I think everyone should be aware of this issue.

5. The Apostle Paul says to the Corinthian Church,
"For what have I to do with judging those also who are outside? Do you not judge those who are inside? For those who are outside God judges."
What do you think this verse tells us about the role of the Church in society? Note to self: this is a huge topic!

I'd love to hear your thoughts.

No comments: